Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Lift off

Borded bus yesterday at Victoria. First change Greenline bus station?? It took hours I could have walked it quicker. Dover was warm and sunny which is a first for me It was oddly pleasant. I do like Dover. The road you come down from London - the A whatever it is, just shoots out into a winding ramp thing like a playmobil toy and there you are incacerated whilst your strip searched in one of those customs box things. The channel was choppy, Belgium was tedious, Holland unrememerable and Germany dark. Poland was a welcome change. I've never been before. My excitment didn't impress the polish woman sitting next to me. It was 3am.

From Warsaw bus station you can go to Hel. Buses go from stop number 2 at 0900, 1015, 1200, 1300, 1345 and 1900 hrs. It is a lovely bus station. Very calm. No noisy announcer shouting constantly. And you can sit facing any direction on one of its many long benches. It is 36 C today. It costs 1.50 zl to pay for the toilet, water 4zl for 1.5 litres. There are many activities to be checked out - bars, lovely internet cafe and feng shui. People walk slowly. I have lost my list of uesful polish phrases but found some italian ones. My polish is unfortunately limited to - hello, where, ticket and moth. i haven't used ALL those words yet.

Oh dear its Friday.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?