Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Pervi Sneg - First snow

I know im not very prolific at this blog writing thing but i find it hard to believe that the only posting that has sparked any kind of conversation is the one showing my address.

Yesterday it snowed - for a whole 5 minutes i was excited to see the flakes outside the window. then i left the house. brrrr. there was several inches by the end of the day. Its slushy and unsightly and slippery and cold. Its only autumn. Right now there is driving sleet, the ground is solid the puddles are frozen. there is a chilling wind. "tis bitter cold." I walk around covered from head to foot and the cold blows right through me. My fingers have cracked and i think im suffering from scurvy.

Ok its not that dramatic but i think the scurvy parts true. Our balcony has turned from a fridge to a freezer over night - Anyone for a frozen beer??

School is going well - i still can't say much but i think this is normal - though im pro at describing what ive eaten for breakfast. My teacher hasn't threatened to kill me this week and i am enjoying the work.

Please feel free to write interesting comments, lots of love....

Comments:
So i take it biking to Moscow is precluded by coldness??
Didn't realise i could comment - how democratic.
Hope all is good - cant find your email adress so ill just write on here instead. Maybe a letter sometime as well. Maybe
 
Oh no! I don't really like to think about those babushkas slipping around on the ice...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?